Monday, September 25, 2006

Why Am I Here?

I have no problem staying after class for "office hours," even if students virtually never come to them.

I didn't have a huge problem last week when I found that my office (shared with 40 other people during the day) was locked and I wasn't issued a passcard.

I didn't mind that I nearly had to miss my first class tonight because I had to wait for security to give me a card.

But it just occurred to me (and it probably should have much earlier) that if the university locks the main doors to the office area, how are students supposed to get in? I'm currently in a room four cubicles deep in both directions, in the closest one to the door but, the way this place is designed, I don't think I'd hear anyone knocking.

I guess I won't feel guilty if I leave early.

No comments: