Thursday, May 13, 2004

It's Over

Here's some words of wisdom from Paul Ritter of Anderson Township via the Enquirer:

Show me one picture of military abuse in Abu Ghraib prison that comes within a hair of the abhorrent brutality of Nick Berg's beheading by al-Qaida operatives in Iraq. If his murder doesn't justify the war on terrorism and President Bush's determination to win it, I don't know what does. It's time for all Americans, especially those in Congress and the liberal media, to quit condemning our own military and undermining the efforts of our troops in Iraq.

Rather than fight it, I think I'm going to incorporate this logic into my own life:

"Sir, you were speeding. I'm going to have to give you a ticket."

"But there was a bloody murder last week that was much, much worse than anything I'm accused of. Sure, the liberal media might say that it was committed by someone entirely unrelated to me but shouldn't we all work together to win President Bush's War on Terror?

"You're entirely right. On your way."

No comments: