Saturday, January 15, 2005

More Weird Twists

My wife had the niece I've been writing about and her two sisters stay over at our place last night. This was unexpected (at least for me) and I don't know if my sister-in-law is considering giving up custody or was just lazy. Ideally it would be good to get all of them including their brother out of there but with my wife still unemployed, I doubt if that could/would ever happen.

To try to answer some questions:

The case going to court is criminal (not directly concerning custody) in Clinton County, Ohio. I could find this terrible web site and contact information. My wife and mother-in-law talked to the Children's Service people here but I'm not sure to what degree they can help.

When I asked my wife what exactly were the charges in the case, she had no idea. I'm assuming that this would be public information but I'll have to find out. He at least is under a restraining order--which probably means he got to go home to yuk things up while she's away.

From what I understand, my niece called 241-KIDS (or the Clinton Co. variation) to get this started. Her mother either doesn't believe her or is trying to cover it up. I'm not sure how the legal procedure operates with a minor in a case like this (I know I sound like an idiot but I do have eight years of experience with legal publishing--just nothing remotely like this).

I had my first Intro. to Lit. class and showed the Twilight Zone episode "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" for an exercise. I've never identified so much with Shatner.

No comments: