Saturday, March 06, 2004

Anapaestic, Trochaic, Spondee

Lived through the night although Little Guy is spitting out his anti-biotic and hacking up his lungs. He woke up five times (but went back to sleep fairly quickly each time).

Got through the Meter Section of Poetry in Intro. to Lit. I always like fiction and drama more than poetry and everything else about poetry over meter. During break I talked to a Romanian student who mentioned how much easier a time Latin languages have with poetry. Damn Anglo-Saxons with their Germanic gibberish! (Although I don't know if established gender endings for all nouns would make up for the trouble in all non-poetic situations.)

Spring Break has begun. How'd I get to be so lame that all I want now is to sleep and get my papers organized?

No comments: