Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Toy Dump

My step-daughter has Christmas here, then with my parents, then with my wife's parents, then with her dad, then with her dad's mom, then with her dad's mom's husband (they're divorced), then with her step-mom's parents, then with assorted cousins and a great-grandparent.

We have plenty of toys.

Today I rounded up at least 100 old toys and tossed them in the dumpster. Now I'm wondering how many kids in the world might never see 100 toys in their life time. I should have saved them for Good Will or something similar but I was rushing to get done before she came home from school.

I made so little a dent that she hasn't noticed yet.

I have to wonder what future generations will think as they dig through our landfills. What purpose could you assign to dried Silly Putty or broken Spongebob action figures?

No comments: